Monday, September 29

this is almost close to random, but yet it felt important.

Saturday's loser bracket game against yio chu kang csc was the final match for clementi csc's inter constituency games journey. was thrashed by nanyang csc on the first round, went into the loser bracket, and the rest was history.

but some good to be taken out from the lost, i'm beginning to score points. most importantly that 3 pointer, my first in all the competitive match i played so far. i'm getting more comfortable with the point guard role, maybe positioning wise and choices of pass that needs major tweaking. but as they say, these things you'll get with more match exposure and court time. which i believe i'll get in the near future.

after the day's match, i'm seriously seriously beginning to feel i miss trainings, no, not hornets' training for youth cup, but dunearn's training with coach ming xiang. it was the days when i pushed myself to the limit. it was then, that i progressed so well in terms of defense. i loved to defense, that is my forte. but not, over the youth cup and inter cons games, my defense was a stark difference from what it had used to be. my defense suck! big time!

i want training, i wouldn't mind dying after every single session of hornets' training with the big guys. what's important is that i get back my defense. cause in the whole of basketball, that is what i like doing, and what i know i do best when i'm at my peak. i do like scoring, but not getting in the score sheet isn't really important, cause i know whatever team i'm in, there is 11 other teammates who can score, and score better than me.

before that, maybe i should start to at least make it a point to head down to yew tee cc every tuesday and friday to play with the hornets' guys, to polish up bit of my point guard position first.

i want to improve. i want basketball to lead my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home